The Welker SSM-1 Spot Sampling Manifold is designed to optimize natural gas spot sampling procedures by reducing liquid carryover and prevent the creation of liquids. Connect a Welker Sample Probe and a Welker Single Cavity Cylinder to the SSM-1 and you’ve got a complete spot sampling system.
Remove Free Liquids
Two styles of SSM-1 offer different levels of liquid separation upstream of the sample cylinder for a more representative spot sample. For free liquid removal, the standard SSM-1 with a Welker DP-15 Drip Pot is the answer. Acting as a sample line separator, the DP-15 collects free liquids from gaseous flow. Where created liquids are a primary concern, swap the DP-15 for a Welker Fluid Sentinel. The Fluid Sentinel combines a liquid separator and a sight glass to prevent free liquids from reaching the sample cylinder while allowing technicians to monitor the sample stream for present or created liquids.
Offset The Joule-Thomson Effect
Pressure and temperature changes that occur during repeated fill and empty cycles have the potential to distort your sample. The SSM-1’s pigtail keeps your sample representative by distancing the flow restriction from the sample cylinder. Pressure reduction during an empty cycle occurs at the pigtail’s valve, preventing the Joule-Thomson effect from cooling the cylinder and potentially condensing the sampled gas. When using an SSM-1 with Welker Fluid Sentinel, the technician can visually monitor the sample stream for created liquids and modify the spot sampling technique as necessary.Features
- Extension tube with valve
- Welker DP-15 Drip Pot
- Welker Fluid Sentinel liquid separator and sight glass (optional)
- Removes the flow restriction from the sample cylinder to offset the Joule-Thomson effect
- Free liquid removal
- Prevent free and created liquids from reaching the sample cylinder
- Visually monitor for created liquids and modify spot sampling technique as necessary (optional)
- Where there is the potential for light slugs of condensate or other liquids
- Downstream of a separator