Temperatures near or below the hydrocarbon dew point can cause sample distortion. Where phase change is a concern, the Welker HGS Heated Gas Sampler can help. Contained within an insulated enclosure, the HGS mounts directly to the pipeline. The heater maintains a temperature above the hydrocarbon dew point for representative composite samples. Connect your sample probe to the sampler subassembly to collect fresh samples proportional to flow or time.
The HGS is ideal for natural gas at or near the hydrocarbon dew point.
Collect Representative Samples
The HGS features Welker’s Fresh Sample System™. This self-purging design ensures a fresh, representative sample grab during each sample cycle when connected to a sample probe inserted into the center one-third of the flowing stream.
The sample pump’s inline relief protects sample representativeness during fluctuations in pipeline pressure. Acting as a check valve, the inline relief keeps your samples in the sample cylinder. If pipeline pressure drops, rest assured sample won’t flow from your cylinder back to the pipeline.
Integrated Purge Manifold
Don’t let residual impurities distort your sample. Air or previous samples can impact sample accuracy if not properly removed. Purge your sample cylinder before each collection period as recommended using the integrated purge manifold.
Catalytic or electric heater? It’s up to you. The HGS comes with a thermostat so you can set the heater to maintain the internal temperature 30 °F above the hydrocarbon dew point. Easily monitor the internal temperature on site at the external gauge.
Insulated Corrosion-Resistant Enclosure
Insulation helps the heater maintain the desired temperature inside the enclosure. Made from corrosion-resistant material, the enclosure is strong yet light weight. Dust tight and boasting water protection, the sturdy enclosure allows the HGS to withstand harsh environments. Mounted directly on the pipeline, the enclosure shields samples from the effects of ambient conditions.
The design of the HGS is purposefully universal. Easily rearrange the sampler and heater subassemblies within the enclosure to optimize the layout for your installation. A single bracket allows for parallel or perpendicular mounting on pipelines from 2” to 8”.
Optional Timing System
No external power supply? No problem! The long-lasting lithium battery pack of the optional Welker 6Tc Timer/Controller can power the HGS. Set the 6Tc for proportional to flow or time-based sampling. This UL listed intrinsically safe controller is designed for hazardous areas.Features
- Welker Fresh Sample System™
- Positive displacement piston sample pump
- Inline relief at sample outlet
- Purge manifold with pressure gauge
- Heater with thermostat
- Insulated corrosion-resistant enclosure with external temperature gauge
- Optional onboard Welker 6Tc Timer/Controller
- Self-purging design ensures a fresh sample every cycle
- Collect repeatable fixed volume samples at line pressure
- Inline relief prevents collected samples from flowing back to the pipeline if pipeline pressure drops
- Maintain an internal temperature above the hydrocarbon dew point to prevent condensation
- Confidently sample in harsh environments and remote locations
- Sample proportional to flow or time without an external power supply (optional)
Materials of Construction
- 316/316L Stainless Steel Wetted Parts
- Anodized Aluminum Non-Wetted Parts
- Carbon Steel
- Polyester/Propylene (Enclosure)
Maximum Allowable Operating Pressure
- 1440 psig @ -20° F to 120° F (99 barg @ -28° C to 48° C)
- Actuation: ¼” FNPT
- Product Inlet: ¹⁄₈” FNPT
- Relief Outlet: ¼” FNPT
- Pneumatic: 65-70 psig (4.4-4.8 barg)
- Electric Heater: AC 110 V
- Solenoid: DC 12 V or DC 24 V
- 0.25 cc
- 300 cc
- 500 cc
- MPS-2: Piston-Operated
- Parallel or Perpendicular to Pipeline
- Catalytic or Electric Heater With Thermostat
- Insulated Enclosure With External Temperature Gauge
- Welker® IR-7 Instrument Regulator
- Welker® MPS-2 Gas Sampler
- 3-Way Solenoid
- Welker® 6Tc Timer/Controller
- Welker® CP-2 Constant Pressure Cylinder
- Welker® Filter
- Welker® SC Single Cavity Sample Cylinder
- Composite Sampling of Natural Gas at or Near the Hydrocarbon Dewpoint to Comply With API 14.1