Analyzer getting slugged by liquids? Put an end to costly damage and operational shutdowns - install a Welker ALS Analyzer Liquid Shutoff upstream of your gas chromatograph. Gas flows freely through the ALS for online sampling but shuts off flow to your analytical device in the presence of liquids.
Gas chromatographs are highly sensitive pieces of equipment. Liquids in gas samples can contaminate and damage analyzer columns, resulting in expensive repairs and interrupting normal operations. Compared to these costs, the purchase of an ALS is literally a small price to pay.
Visible Check Valve
A transparent housing gives you a window into the ball check valve operation. The floating ball indicates gas flow status through the ALS. Rising liquids push the ball up in the flotation chamber, and flow to the analyzer stops when the ball forms a leak-tight seal.
Corrosion Resistant Material
Natural gas is a variable mixture potentially containing nonhydrocarbons, such as hydrogen sulfide or water. For long-lasting protection you can trust, Welker manufactures the ALS using materials that stay strong in the presence of corrosive elements.
Straight Forward Maintenance
Flow to your analyzer shut off? Backflushing the ALS with dry nitrogen or helium pushes liquids back to the pipeline so you can resume normal operation.
Time for routine maintenance? Get your online sampling back up and running quickly thanks to an uncomplicated design requiring only basic hand tools.Features
- Simple design
- Corrosion resistant material
- Ball check valve in transparent housing
- Uncomplicated maintenance requires no special tools and little downtime
- Backflushing with dry inert gas quickly pushes liquids back to the pipeline
- Long-lasting analyzer protection
- Visual verification of gas flow
- Ball forms leak-tight seal in the presence of liquids
Materials of Construction
- ALS-1/ALS-2: Glass
- ALS-1/ALS-2: LEXAN™
- ALS-1/ALS-2: Teflon
- ALS-4: PTFE
- ALS-2: Anodized Aluminum
- ALS-1/ALS-4: Aluminum
- ALS-1/ALS-4: 316/316L Stainless Steel
- ALS-4: 1/4" FNPT or 1/8” FNPT
- ALS-1/ALS-2: 1/8” FNPT
Operating Pressure (@-20° to 100° F)
- ALS-4: 2,160 psig
- ALS-1: Standard 1,000 psig MAOP
- ALS-1: High Pressure 1,440 psig MAOP
- ALS-2: 600 psig MAOP
Certifications & Approvals
- ALS-1/ALS-4: NACE Compliance